Gifts That Make an Impact Now
If you would like to help critically ill children today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a grant now from your Donor-Advised Fund
You can initiate a grant recommendation from your Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name, and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of Seattle Children’s? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to Seattle Children’s with the purpose of matching other supporters’ donations within a given period of time. In this way, you can inspire others to join you in supporting our lifesaving care and double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Seattle Children’s in a tax-free transfer. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and support critical care and pediatric research for sick children. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Seattle Children’s.
- Your gift is a tax-free transfer of funds from your IRA to Seattle Children’s, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 or older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Seattle Children’s, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.